Wednesday 4:30PM - 6:00P
Sunday 9AM - 10AM (in time for Sunday School)
The Ten Goals of the Agudath Achim Congregation Religious School
Through the study of Judaism, the student will be presented a program to instill a faith in God and to recognize his or her role in human affairs. The program is designed to achieve the following.
- To provide our children with a knowledge of Jewish traditions, history, literature, ethics and culture.
- To stimulate the desire to maintain a love of and commitment to a lifetime of Jewish learning that extends far beyond the walls of the classroom into the future.
- To provide our students with the necessary skills to participate intelligently and meaningfully in home and synagogue rituals.
- To provide an awareness of the importance of the Hebrew language in the Jewish tradition as it binds together the Jewish people throughout the world.
- To provide our children with the knowledge needed for the observances of Mitzvoth which are crucial to the Jewish way of life.
- To guide the student in self-identification with the Jewish people of the past and become devoted to its continuance.
- To provide knowledge of the fundamental ethical concepts and values of Judaism and their translation into personal and group behaviors.
- To instill within our students a sense of Ahavat Yisrael, a love for all Jewish people and sense of Jewish identity.
- To impart to our students the importance of the State of Israel, its land and its people.
- To teach Judaism with an understanding of diversity of Jewish practice, so that all students feel comfortable regardless of personal background or observance.